Happy Friday! Weekends this month have been all about house projects around here, and we are gearing up to tackle some again today! Last week organizing was on my brain. Since I have knocked out most of that, I am ready to move on to the pretty stuff.
This month we have tackled several painting projects that I cannot wait to share with you! Our foyer and dining room have gotten complete makeovers that are just waiting for a few finishing touches. While I was searching for inspiration for those spaces, I noticed quite a few home decor trends. Some are just emerging, others have been around for a while but are gaining momentum. These are my favorite five and ones that I am working toward implementing in my own home this year.
1. Sectional Sofas – These have been making a big comeback for a while now and for good reason! They are so comfy! Ben has been begging for one for years since we would all have plenty of room to spread out. This dreamy one is gorgeous and practical!
2. Deep Blue – This elegant hue is showing up on walls, upholstery and furniture. I personally love it on a statement piece of furniture against neutral walls. That is how I implemented it in my home this month by painting an old piece of white furniture and adding it to my newly grey foyer.
3. Black Trim – I saw this trend floating around Pinterest here and there last year, and I immediately fell in love with the bold look. I am a little afraid to go for it all over, but I am planning to paint the patio door black for a touch of drama.
4. Home Libraries – Ahhh! This one is my favorite. I have always wanted a dedicated reading space that was more than a corner chair, and I finally have one! We recently turned our formal dining room into a library space. It isn’t nearly as fabulous as this one, but we are loving our cozy new room!
5. Statement Lighting – This isn’t exactly a new trend, but it is going strong in 2015. One of the finishing touches to our foyer will be a new light fixture. I am still shopping, but I really like this style and color with a bit of understated bling.
Will you be adding any of these trends to your home this year?
I am linking this post with Friday Favorites!